Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Embroidered felt balls



Have had a busy 3 days. A wedding, a Funeral and a 60th Birthday Party. ( sounds like a familiar film title! ) Consequently not a lot of creating happening here. Instead of no photos I will show some of my handmade felt embroidered balls I make. 16 so far. I keep a notebook with details of each one and who it was for. Some have the babies' first initial on them. Each one is different altho some motifs have been repeated. At the start I tried 3 different sizes but decided I liked the middle size best and so now just make that size. They make a lovely gift for a new baby, so most have been given away but I have sold a couple. And yes I do know how long they take to make. At least 50 hours, some more.

4 comments:

Ali Honey said...

Sorry this has turned into a double up. Blogger wasn't up loading for me yesterday so I kept trying.... oops! Now it is there 3 fold. Alison.

Françoise said...

Hi! I like these. What a great gift for a small kid!
...Everybody had trouble with blogger yesterday. No worries.
Regards.

Shirley Goodwin said...

These felt balls are lovely, Ali.

KC Quilter said...

Oh, those embroidered felt balls are just adorable!