Friday, April 14, 2006

Sunny Beginnings.



Such a brilliant sunny day to start something new! I have been so inspired reading all the other wonderful arty /quilting/ fabric blogs I must have a try myself.
I am a fairly new quilter...just a couple of years, but have always been into art in some form. Recently as well as quilts I have been making Artist Trading Cards and previously I made felt balls. Here are some I finished.
This one pic shows the actual size, just 2.5 x 3.5 inches. I belong to an on line quilting group and we made some to swap with each other.

I live in a lovely part of the North Island of New Zealand ( near Tauranga in the Bay of Plenty ) and this is a great time of year...temperature just pleasant. First thing this morning I spread out several batches of walnuts which I have collected from our trees. I lay them in the sun on the cobblestones to dry for a week or more before storing in sacks ready to shell. We then put them in ziplock bags in the deep freeze and they keep wonderfully well...never go rancid like ones that sit around. We (my husband and I ) have an orchard where we grow kiwifruit ( the green variety )( Zespri) and avocados for export. Both of those are really great healthfoods.Hope you all eat them!!
I'm off to sew now.

No comments: