Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Very Wet Day.



A damp day in more ways than one. Yesterday we could hear a drip drip drip....... The hot water cylinder was slowly leaking. When we rang first thing today our wonderful plumber was here in an hour. It took most of the morning for him to remove the old cylinder after draining it. We had to take off the door , the door frame and surrounds to get it out. The new one was a taller one , but he got there eventually. Some inevitable mess but could have been far worse. After lunch the sparkie came and wired it up and by this evening we have water slowly heating again. The entire contents of the hotwater / airing cupboard is on a spare bed till we get a new door and surrounds. All day it has poured with rain so what could I do to keep out of the guys way while they were working but sit at the sewing machine and continue with my 4 inch squares for my scrap quilt.
The photos are of another very loud coloured quilt I made to incorporate squares sent from members of my online group..."Picking Up Threads." None of the very busy fabrics went with each other so I used green and purples to try and tie it all together. I have done miles of hand quilting on it. As it has my friends' fabrics in it I will be keeping this one....It is mine to wrap up in while watching TV or reading if I am chilly.

No comments: