Sunday, January 24, 2010

Here's Where.



I do like your Comments - 
 I read them and I hope to answer any questions. So Gudrun this is for you.
I think you know that New Zealand has 3 main Islands: North, South and smaller Stewart Island. I live in the North Island which has the much greater population of the 2 bigger islands. I have scanned a map of the North Island  and the arrow shows Tauranga in the Bay of Plenty. I live about 14 kilometers from Tauranga.
To all my friends in the northern hemisphere I hope your weather is warming up a bit. Today where I am it is just pleasant - not too hot ( like yesterday ) as there is overhead cloud.
Yesterday I made a good start on my big weeding effort but it was so hot. Today I started before breakfast and did 2 hours then - much more sensible idea. I
am still not finished but R has already taken 3 full woolpacks of weeds away to put as mulch under young avocado trees. I'll do some more later.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the information.

Jennifer said...

I've been to Tauranga....it's in a lovely part of the world!

molly said...

nice to see where you are on the map, Ali! I've posted a pic of my clutch ball on Flickr. You should be able to see it on my sidebar. It was a lot of fun to make!

Thimbleanna said...

How interesting! I always love to know where people are -- and now maybe it will be a little easier for me to remember that you are NOT in AU! ;-)

Meggie said...

Brings a lump to my throat. I can almost see the place where I wss born! LOL.