My friend Helen had made a needle case ( for packets of needles ) with a 3 rows of tiny hexagons across the middle and ribbon ties to close it.
I took the measurement and changed the way it looks by designing my own felt Iceland poppies for the outside covering.
On the inside are pockets for packets or whatever I like.
To close it, it folds into 3 and because I didn't want ties spoiling my flowers I have used 2 domes. on the corners. The binding is a pretty batik fabric I already had. Apart from sewing the binding on it and defining the pockets it was a hand stitched project ( very portable ). It used up some of my large supply of felt and embroidery cottons.
I am really pleased with the results.
Despite throwing lots of rots ( caused by last weeks heavy rain ) on the lawn for the birds
I managed to pick this bowl of strawberries. I have left some big ripe ones for the 2 grandsons to find ( and eat ).