Thursday, May 27, 2010

Mundane, but Beautiful..





Yesterday we had to go to a meeting in the local hall. So with my umbrella and camera I walked back for exercise and saw these.( a basket fungi )


Filtered sunlight through yellow leaves.( someone else has to clean those ones up! )
Back home I saw this - a Nursery web spider's web full of babies.
 

And what is this?

The Culprit! What culprit?
When we went out yesterday R noticed the back tyre on the car was slightly flat, so we went in the truck. Today he put some air in it and went down to have it checked at the garage. This is what was found. I simply can't remember how long it is since we had a flat or punctured tyre. ( glad about that and also that it didn't let me down somewhere when I was alone......cause although I used to know how to change the tyres it's been so long - could I still ?)

Something sweet to end with. The first sprig of Wintersweet (Chimonanthus praecox ) I found flowering out near the mail box. It is a seedling I planted there 2 years ago. ( Doing that enabled us to cut out the original 30 year old bush behind the clothes line that had got huge and messy and scruffy and dropped leaves everywhere.) The first whiff enhaled really takes me to a happy place in my mind...it's amazing that such an insignificant dull coloured waxy little flower can smell so good.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Interesting patterns! I have never seen that particular fungus. Lucky you found the spike before it punctured another tyre!

Tracey Petersen said...

That basket fungus is incredible!

YankeeQuilter said...

It always amazes me how different the fungi and plants are in our two sides of the world! that fungi basket is wonderful!

Shirley Goodwin said...

Isn't wintersweet lovely! Thanks for dropping by my blog - I'm glad I'm missing the rain, hail and snow!

Meggie said...

I remember those funghi! I had forgotten all about them. I also remember those mustardy puffballs, and when you touched them, they sent clouds of mustardy dust into the air! Spores, I suppose.
Wintersweet is a true Free Treat!