Thursday, June 24, 2010

I Need some Red.


I needed some new gumboots. They are not easy to find any more, so I got some expensive ones from the garden centre. They are made in USA and have good grippy soles so I won't slip. ( I hope )

Bright red Nandina berries.
Outside today is dull and drizzly. I have had my walk with the umbrella and have lots to do inside where it's warm.
********
Yesterday R got hearing aids. ( they are so minute they aren't visible ) He mainly needs them for listening to TV . He can't hear the higher pitched sounds. The electric jug sounds really loud now and in the truck he can hear every rattle.
My main worry is no more muttering under my breathe....he might hear what I say now! 
*******
I just used my new bargin book to see how to make a tassle for something I am making tomorrow. I'll show you when it's finished.

4 comments:

carole brungar said...

Love the gumboots!

Tracey Petersen said...

Very fancy boots.

You better learn to whisper...

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

with ll the mud in my chookyard I really need those boots...but they would be too nice for the job! Tracey

Meggie said...

Wow! Neat Gummies!
I have to watch what I say, since Gom has hearing aids too.