Tuesday, May 06, 2014

More Butterflies.

I haven't send the male Blue moon butterfly again but I did get to track down a female nearby and some other NZ butterflies.
 I found this female Blue moon up in the park behind us. It was with lots of Monarchs and other Little  Blues and Yellow Admirals .
Below is the yellow admiral and a wasp. All on the same plants.
 We have since had rain so I don't know how they will have faired. When I was watching the female Blue moon it kept flying up to the rock wall behind this plant and spreading it's wings; I imagine to soak up the heat.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

What pretty butterflies, and I love the yellow flowers too!

Thimbleanna said...

The butterflies are beautiful. It's so interesting to see the difference between the male and the female!

Janice said...

They're beautiful. You do well to have them sit still long enough to snap a pic. I must say that we don't get any really stunning butterflies here, so I do enjoy seeing yours.

Chookyblue...... said...

love seeing butterflies.....and even better you know the names.......