Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Local Café.

The closest Café ( Nourish )  to where we live recently was awarded the Best Café in the Upper North Island, I have been there several times for coffee but today as it was our 47th Anniversary we went there for lunch. At this time of the year everywhere is busy and the place was certainly humming.
 Over the years since this building  was built this appears to be the most successful business there yet. ( they only open for breakfast and lunch )  The gardens out front were looking very bright.
 As often happens when eating out one person likes their meal more than the other. Today I was the lucky one, R was not so  enthusiastic about his meal.( a lamb wrap ) 
 I had sweet potato stacks which was served with baby spinach and topped with 2 softly poached eggs. It was a large helping but just delicious. Even after 3 hours working on the kiwifruit vines when we got back and only a cup of lemon and ginger green tea for smoko I still felt full at dinner time so just had a light snack. Today was one of my days when I got lots and lots done and it was a lovely warm day.
 Tonight I watched the 3rd of 4 parts of the ANZAC Girls which I am really enjoying.
 I hope you all had a good day too!  

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congratulations on your anniversary.... that lunch sounds really good!

Leanne said...

Sounds a lovely way to celebrate 47 years of marriage.
Hope you have a good Christmas.
Love Leanne