Sunday, August 09, 2015

Matching Beanie and Remembering.

 Now there is a matching beanie for the wee jersey in the previous post.

 I have also finished the binding on my Fabricated Flowers quilt. ( I think that is what I will name it ) No label yet. It is too long for the clothes line where I tried to photograph it( - it dragged on the ground), so I will not show it till I can get a full length photo I like.

*******
Today, the 9th of August I thought I should remember that my late Dad, Jack was born on this day 100 years ago.
 His real name was Walter John, but was always called Jack as his Dad was Walter.
 He died at the age of 84, on the 2nd of December, 1999. The small photo shows him with me on his knee, in the garden  at our home in Tutaenui,( 8 miles from Marton ) where we lived.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Cute little beanie - it will look so good with the matching jumper! Wow, 100 years.....seems like such a long time, my late FIL would have turned 107 recently had he still been alive.

Diane-crewe said...

ooh! I like the little hat x