Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Fun With Grandson.

Recently Grandson has been to visit us and we have been to visit him ( and his Mum and Dad of course ). We played and read books and went on outings. 
     We also planted some daffodil bulbs.
 I had purchased the bag of 50 of these yellow daffodils. I have already planted some here and have more to put in still. Where  best to put them at their place? 
 We decided a large planter near the front door would be a good place for them. I showed grandson what was in the bag and asked him to help me plant them.
 He looked in the bag then disappeared inside and came back with an onion from the pantry cupboard and dropped it in the bag.
 ( he will be 18 months old tomorrow.........now that really amazed me. I know grandparents are easily impressed but I thought that was REALLY smart. )
 Any way we carried on, me digging the holes and Grandson selecting a bulb from the bag and popping it in the hole. His Dad then got some blood and bone from the shed and an extra top up of potting mix across the top.
 Grandson then got his favourite blue watering can ( used to be mine ) and gave them a drink.
 I wonder if the bulbs will remain undisturbed to grow or if they will get inspected at any stage???
 I suggested adding some blue bedding lobelia for over the top till the bulbs come through.
 As I was busy doing this I didn't get a photo.   Here is another one. His Mum has since found a better solution using an exercise hanger on the door jam to hang the swing, not to high off the ground.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Well, that all looks lovely! Your cushion is beautiful.