Sunday, February 12, 2023

Getting prepared.

         As cyclone Gabrielle approaches NZ there is not much we can do to prepare. I went out this morning and picked all of these Dahlias ( Holly Houston ) that have really big heavy blooms. 2 weeks ago the storm trashed this plant so I know it will happen again. After dinner last night I went down and picked a large container of Luisa plums.( 1/3 have rots 1/3 have split with the wet so I was picking from the other 1/3.)
 Our bottom level grass / garden beside the estuary has still not dried out since the last huge amount of rain, so I guess it will jus get wetter. Part can't now be mowed. Our house is well away and above this area.
 The top of the North and Auckland and Coromandel are more in the storm path than we are so here's hoping it's not too bad for them.

4 comments:

loulee said...

I hope you don't get too wet, stay safe and dry.

Pam said...

I hope all is well.

Chookyblue...... said...

I do hope you are ok after the Cyclone.........

Chookyblue...... said...

Also your flowers are gorgeous.........