Wednesday, May 01, 2024

Beautiful late Autumn Days.



 Zygocactus or Schlumbergera or in the Northern hemisphere you call it the Christmas  cactus is coming into to flower out side a ranch slider window. There are a few fungal spots on some leaves  and deep within a spiders web, but it is brightening my day.

 This for you Pam. I know you dislike the colour orange but that is the colour of persimmons. This bowlful on the bench is ripening. They need to be the dark  colour you see at the bottom. They can be eaten when firm like an apple or left longer till they become a bag of clear orange jelly.  Sweet and juicy,
 I prefer them crisp. The original parent trees many years ago produced very astringent fruit but that has been breed out of these new modern varieties. ( Persimmon Fuya )
 Perhaps my favourite fruit.


1 comment:

MY MUSINGS said...

Beautiful flowers. I love orange, so I appreciated the picture of your persimmons!