Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Even More Quilty Treats.

These 2 small sample quilts were on the wall in the area where Bernina were demonstrating. The 2 ladies there made one each of these. I am a big Laurel Burch fan so had a good close look. The pictures in the block centres are embroidered using I guess a CD with the motifs on the Embroidery Artista machine.( Australian ladies - you might see these over there too )



























I just couldn't keep that camera trigger finger still!
Next post will feature small quilts made for an exchange between Auckland, NZ ladies and Victoria, BC, Canada.

6 comments:

loulee said...

The poppies are adorable.
Thanks for sharing.

Lynda (Granny K) said...

Fabulous way to use hexagons - I bet it took forever though!

I'm a big Laurel Burch fan, so much so that I can't bring myself to cut into the FQ's i've got! I just spread them out and look at them, then put them away again! I think I need therapy!

molly said...

Love the froggy prince one! Also the ocean waves blocks! I'm wondering how we'd go about organizing some kind of exchange between quilters in your group and mine/ Wouldn't that be fun? Though I've no idea how it should or could be organized....

Ali Honey said...

Molly maybe we should ask our groups first. Sometimes what seems a really good idea gets put down before it gets a chance ( in my experience ).

Harmany Quilting said...

what beautiful quilts - especially the hexagons. Thankyou for your trigger finger.

Nicola in West Australia

meggie said...

I am glad you are so keen to photograph, then share with us! Thankyou.