Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My Seat in the Shade.




* The bush fire news in Australia is terrifying. My heart goes out to all those who have lost loved ones and homes.The flooding in the northern region is also bad. What a land of extremes. Do take care all my friends across the ditch, you are special to me and I hope you and your families stay safe. *


* We have had a very little rain overnight - about 3 mls- but hoping for more.That meant wet vines so I've been to the supermarket and am having a wee catch up.*


* NZ had a 3 day weekend - of which I worked pretty solidly for 2.5 days. Sunday afternoon I took off.Off chores that is, and having just cleaned my red seat under the Copperbeech tree of cobwebs and bird poo, I escaped out there for most of the afternoon. It is dappled shade and for some of the time there was a breeze. I hand sewed feathers, ( on the Jewelled Bird Quilt, ) and only moved to get drinks. DH came with the camera and snapped me relaxing - for the record. So it does happen sometimes.*

13 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ali, you look very relaxed and I love your red seat!

Helen said...

what a wonderful spot. I'm going to pull up a chair, and a jug of something cool, and join you.

molly said...

So nice to see a picture of you Ali! That's a lovely spot for relaxing and doing a little hand stitching! When will we see pictures of your feathers?

Fiona said...

Your seat in the shade looks idyllic, it is freezing cold and snowing here - I want to be on your red bench.

Thimbleanna said...

What a lovely place to sew! I love that picture of you!

loulee said...

Looks like the perfect place to be on a hot day.
256 days!

Unknown said...

You seem to be very cozy and relaxed.

meggie said...

Looks lovely & cool. Good to see you relaxing.
Though we are safe, & having some rain, it is so distressing to think of our friends south of our border. It brings me to tears, seeing the tragedy.

Leanne said...

Hi
Thanks for tomato sauce recipe. As soon as these toms ripen I will make them. I had tomatoes coming out our ears this time last year.

Yes please I would love the courgette pickle I am giving them away.

Love your red seat!

Love Leanne

Lynda (Granny K) said...

It's heartbreaking what has been happening in Australia. A nightmare.
Glad you are OK and chilling out on your bench.

Tracey Petersen said...

What a fabulous spot to sit and think, sit and stitch, sit ans watch the world go by...

Shirley Goodwin said...

Looks like a good spot, Ali!

Helen said...

Ali, what a wonderful place to sit and stitch.

Your tomatoes look delicious. there is no better breakfast at this time of year, in my humble opinion, than sliced tomato on toast with a sprinkling of salt and freshly ground pepper. Food for the gods.