Saturday, July 25, 2009

Counting Down.







* Thanks for your generous comments, about my hair - I will do it again but ask for lots more foils, so they really show!



* The first few daffodils I was able to pick, now on the kitchen window sill where I can see their happy faces often!



* Apron 4 to 9 that I have made. They will be ironed again before sale. ( Aprons 1 and 2 are in London. Apron 3 in Rangitikei. )

** Counting down now to our Exhibition which opens next Friday.**

Just 5 ladies putting this together. It has worked well - we had our final meeting yesterday afternoon. ( face to face rather than all the computer meetings we have been having - they work well and fast!! ) We have had help from another lady doing the official information cards to go on the exhibits. We hope to print them off from her computer this weekend. Next Wednesday all the entries get delivered and I check them off and give them temporary #s till we transport them to the venue on Thursday. That will be a busy day, but we have a few experienced helpers who put the frames up for us every year. That means we ladies can concentrate on how we want our display.
* I have totally finished my Old Blue Jeans Quilt, it's labelled and the velcro sleeve attached. I have 3 more amphora to hand stitch around on The Jewelled Bird Quilt, the velcro sleeve to attach, the label for it is made but not attached. So I will get there.
* I also need to do some baking for our self catering.
** ROLL ON NEXT WEEKEND! ** Please visit if you are anywhere near our Exhibition.
*** I WILL OF COURSE BE SHOWING QUILT PHOTOS AS SOON AS I HAVE SOME***

5 comments:

loulee said...

I wish I could be there. Only 91 days to go!

carole brungar said...

I have my first 2 daffs out too! They cheer me up no end, especially when there is so much water and mud around! Love the aprons, hope the show goes well. :)

Tracey Petersen said...

I would LOVE to visit the quilt exhibition. Be sure to take lots of photos.

Meggie said...

I wish so hard, that I could be there to visit your quilt show.
Love those daffodils!

Unknown said...

Have a great time, I look forward to see the pictures.