Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tree Felling.




( Answers to your comments are in the Comments section.)




For the last 2 days we have had 3 guys here with 2 big machines and chainsaws felling about 25 of the gum trees closest to our house, They are huge trees and were becoming a frightening menace to us . WE wanted them felled so there is less mess and before one fell on out house or sheds.


We have taken more than 50 photos so will only show a few. The good news is there were no mishaps. The last and biggest tree was the most tricky and closest to the house, but it's down...never mind the fence. As a precaution we took all the vehicles down the drive and I loaded up the car with precious things I didn't want to loose if the worst happened. ( My sewing machine, photos, valuables, important documents etc ) I stayed well clear and photographed from afar!
These 2 photos are BEFORE. I will do another post of some of the action and After shots. There is a huge amount of clearing up to do.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The trees are big!!!

Meggie said...

I love Gum trees, but having lived here for a long time now, I know how dangerous they can be, & when they go down...
I think you are very wise to have had them dealt with.