Monday, April 19, 2010

Appliqued Butterflies.

Yesterday I got the first of my appliqued butterflies cut out and bonded to the background panel, ready to sew on and embellish.( legs ,feelers etc yet to be added ) I designed about 6 different butterflies of varying sizes and poses and will be putting more flying across other parts of the quilt. I have also been working on the other blocks with the big stylized ones but like this middle panel MUCH better. I am committed to putting it all together now and can do this middle panel again in different colous later as it is my own design.( for the butterflies I am trying to stick to fabrics already used in the quilt .)

4 comments:

molly said...

Looking better and better. I guess you must have been an artist in a former life, or maybe in this one?

julieQ said...

Very pretty! I love the variation of size and shapes of the butterflies on the pretty flowers.

Tracey Petersen said...

A big blue butterfly like that is often in my yard.

The whole thing is just beautiful!

Meggie said...

I love the whole panel. The butterflies make it even happier.