Thursday, April 01, 2010

Mellow Fruitfulness.

 Keat's  "Ode to Autumn, "  speaks of Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness! Mellow fruitfulness, we certainly get but no mists. We picked one crop of pumpkins. 36 of all sizes - very dry .  More down the bank to pick that were self sown - less dry ones.  ( along with more tomatoes. Courgettes and beans are slowing now luckily )  Imagine in times past if your produce had to last your family through the Winter months.....
The latest study to come out of USA says women need far more execise than previously thought to maintain good health into older age. When is there time to do this extra vigorous exercise? ( at least an hour a day??? ) Eat slightly less each year and exercise slightly more - who is the sadistic person?  Alright I am trying.... I have upped my walking to longer sessions of over an hour and of course took my camera. I saw-

Ducks  in duck weed.


Light on the water at the beach cause it was getting late.

The Mt. in the distance and cheeky gulls.
 

6 comments:

Catsngrams said...

I think they mean it takes us an hour to the exercise that we used to be able to do in 10 minutes. Doesn't that make sense. I know I move a lot slower. Great pictures.

molly said...

What a lovely place you live in! And they say walking is the very best exercise, so you're on the right track......

carole brungar said...

I'm totally with you on this one! Wish I didn't live on a mad state highway, can't walk anywhere for fear of being mowed down! Lucky you to have lovely beaches to walk round!

loulee said...

If I do any more exercise, I'll have no time for sewing!!

Magia da Inês said...

Amiga,
Voltei para outra visitinha...
Seu cantinho continua lindo, agradável e de bom gosto.
Muita paz, saúde e sucesso!...

F E L I Z P Á S C O A!!!

       ( ),,( )
       (=':'=)
  ﻶﻉჱﻶﻉ═¤═(,,)♥(,,)═¤═ﻶﻉჱﻶﻉ

Com carinho, para você e sua família...

Itabira - Brasil

Unknown said...

Lovely pictures. We need more time, I don´t know how that can be arranged.