Sunday, August 15, 2010

More Embroidery.

Some more photos taken at the Tauranga Embroiderers' Exhibition. Some of their members are also members of our Patchwork and Quilting Group - multi talented ladies.
This is sewn by my friend Heather. She does fabulous work and her husband does book binding and restoration and always helps with fabulous ways to present her work.

There was a real variety of pincushions - biscornu and other types.( all too good to use! )

Lovely canvas  work by Junior members.

 There had been an indigo dyeing class. This person made all of hers into a fabuolus quilt.



 And for the background for a Flax plant wall hanging.


 Lots of Hussifs. Some called Cornpad Hussifs - I just had to ask...cornpad?  Yes. It is the sore toe sort - used to raise the centre of the flower and stitch over - very obvious once I was shown.
***********
The rain has continued. I have got to the hanging sleeve stage with my Challenge - just the bead work and embellishment to complete ( Yeah!! )
I am sewing down the binding on the butterfly quilt! ( Yeah!! ) Great progress when I get the chance to sit at it. No reverse sewing all..... went very smoothly...I love that...maybe practise makes perfect.

7 comments:

Julz said...

Thanks for sharing the photo's the hand dyed blue/indigos were so nice - and looked fantastic in the quilt. The butterfly quilt you're putting the binding on... you'll have to share a photo with us soon :) Hugs Jx

Laurie said...

Thank you so much for the picture of the Corn Pad Hussif... I forgot to take one and our guild is thinking of doing it as a class, I hope you don't mind me asking if you could send me a copy of it ? Will email you....some lovely items there and I enjoyed the whole exhibition
Laurie

Meggie said...

My brother told me the BOP has been having foul weather, with flooding. Keep warm, and keep stitching.
Thankyou for sharing the pics, I love that Flax plant wallhanging.

theresa said...

Oh, I love that indigo quilt. Every element is so beautiful.

theresa said...

Oh, I love that indigo quilt. Every element is so beautiful.

theresa said...

Oh, I love that indigo quilt. Every element is so beautiful.

theresa said...

Oh, I love that indigo quilt. Every element is so beautiful.