Monday, August 09, 2010

Quilting Time.

The last 2 days have been patchwork and quilting days ( UFO days ) for any of our P and Q Group who wanted to be there. We share the building with several other craft groups so have designated times when we may use it.  I have the keys to open up so have spent two quite full days there sewing, talking, eating drinking  and laughing. 15 ladies attended on Saturday and only 6 yesterday.
They are good times for really getting to know more about quilting friends.

I am lucky to have the company of some lovely ladies. D your ginger oatie crunch was yummy.

My Homes of Hope Quilt got it's binding on, and sewn down and a label. I am pleased with it. It was quick and made partially from donated fabric and I had the dark red fabric in my stash so it was meant to be. It is single bed size. I think it would be suitable for a boy in those darker colours.( looks like the middle needs a press - strange how photos pick up detail like that )
I used PhotoFabric to print out 2 pages of labels that the ladies could sew on their quilts. We weren't quite sure what we should put but knew they needed some sort of label. I fitted 14 ( all saying the same thing ) in on a page so was happy with that. I like the way using the computer and printer the words look very neat and legible.
*********
It is quite a ( nasty ) coincidence that last Thursday when I was writing my post about Trixie daffodils , just a couple of miles up the road from that spot a member of our extended family was having an accident on a bulldozer on the farm. Unfortunately he was thrown off and the bulldozer crushed him. He was 64 and a lovely fun person. What a waste!. ( we have known him for 40+ years ) SO today we are off down country ( 5 hours drive ) to Wanganui and Waverley to attend his funeral tomorrow. (Why was I think about that part of the country right then ?) ( I have that happen quite a lot ).
I won't be back here reading blogs till Thursday.

6 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Oh dear -- I'm so sorry to hear about your family member. Isn't it weird when you think of things like that and then something happens? It looks like you had a good weekend sewing -- good for you!

Jennifer said...

Ali, I'm sorry to hear about that accident, how sad, please accept my condolences.

loulee said...

So sorry to read of your loss.

Deb Hardman said...

Oh what an awful accident. I am so sorry for your loss.


I sounds like your weekend with friends was like Quilt Camp. It looks like fun. Your HOH quilt is wonderful. I think any girl would love it as well!

Meggie said...

Your quilt is lovely, & I am sure it will be well loved.
We have had news of deaths too, which bring sadness.
Go well and safe.

julieQ said...

I am so glad for your fun sewing time...but my heart just hurts with the news of your loss. I am praying for all peace for you.