Thursday, March 01, 2018

Great Progress.

Great progress with my healing. Thanks for your encouraging comments Mary; Chooky ;Kiwi kid, Suzy; Rose Marie and Dianne, they gave me a boost.
 I got rid of the sling last Friday and yesterday was my final visit. All stitches, 18 from the graft and 8 from the incision were all speedily if a little ouchily  removed.
 I came away with a roll of Micropore tape to keep reapplying myself and that's it! I healed up like a youngster...liked that comment.
 The new graft is under this. I am keeping a stretch knit tube piece over the top but my wrist is so skinny it is only acting to keep the tape clean.
 I really enjoyed being able to get it wet in the shower. Of course I am going to continue to take very good care of it in the weeks to come.
 Even better the Path Lab  Synoptic report came back with the diagnosis  benign  Keratoacanthoma.  ( excision complete )
 I have googled that and seen photos of many of these growths and realise mine was in a unobtrusive place. Many folk have had them on facial sites - not so good.

 Any way I am getting back to all normal activities and haven't missed my time amongst the vines. The garden however is looking a bit untidy.
Untidy doesn't stop the Autumn bulbs ( red nerines ) from flowering. They are early this year. Our temps have dropped dramatically -  Autumn I guess.

 Over the weekend the young ones were here. Grandson loves playing Poohsticks in the creek. The game of Poohsticks originated ( well calling it that anyway ) in A.A. Milne's The House at Pooh Corner. ( 90+ year ago in Hartfordshire  ) 
 On this occasion we didn't worry about playing it on the bridge we just dropped sticks into the little creek.
 Most floated, some got stuck on rocks and long grass, others wobbled on down the little rapids. No worry about him falling in here and we could stand in the shade. Sunday was sunny.

5 comments:

Rose Marie said...

So glad to hear that your results went well and you are healing .... still, take care of yourself!

Diane-crewe said...

wonderful result x Keep on with the healing xx

Chookyblue...... said...

That is wonderful news ... ..

Mystic Quilter said...

As I am catching up with reading posts I am happy to see that the news was good re your surgery. Oh the red nerines - beautiful and yes Autumn is now with us. I must say I'm looking forward to cooler nights!

loulee said...

That is great news. We had that very cold spell too, but we're warming up again and the long range forecast looks good. Enjoy your autumn gardening.