Thursday, October 17, 2019

Still Complaining about the Weather.

I suppose its cause we both like to garden that the relentless wind is so frustrating.
 But still we try. Some success too. 
 5 caulis have so been eaten by the family. One yet to mature.

 Finally I'm getting a reasonable pick off the red flowered Broad beans.
We have been eating petals and leaves off the nasturtium in salads. They are thriving despite the wind turning the plants upside down again and again.

 We have also been watching Mrs. Thrush valiantly struggle to make a nest on top of the wooden beam in our BBQ area. Finally it stayed there. I climbed on a seat and held the camera above my head to see into her nest.
Fabulous coloured eggs.
        *****
 My sewing has consisted of hand sewing a different type of felt ball and machine sewing little dresses for Dress a Girl Around the World, project , that we were asked to help with. So far I have done the skirts of 2 but need help on how the sleeves are done.
 Some ladies are going to work on them on Saturday when we have a UFO day. I might go and get some assurance that what I am doing is what is required.( its a good way to use up fabric from my stash!

1 comment:

Janice said...

Those caulis look delicious, as do the nasturtiums.