Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Quilt Show.

 On Saturday I went to the great New Zealand Quilt Show in Rotorua ( at the Energy Events Centre ).

 My friend Jill drove a carload of us there so that was lovely. There was a lot to see. Mostly a very high standard of work. The ones I enjoyed best were the wall hangings of cities of the world.

 My favourites are these 3.

 The Arc de Triomphe in Paris France  by Jennifer Patterson of New Zealand.
 A close up showing how she used hand stitching and machine quilting to work the details.




 I also liked Marilyn Muirhead's piece of Strasbourg in France  Marilyn is a member of our Tauranga Patchwork and Quilters Group. She also paints and does mixed media works.


 This quirky view of Florence in Italy was by Emily Mathieu from France.


 I had an enjoyable time soaking up the talent and admiring almost all the work on display. I have only one comment that is negative and that was the lighting. Very favourable on some quilts  but really lacking on others. Some exhibitors must have been disappointed.

 My only purchases were 4 fat quarters to use in my current project. The merchants' area was rather crowded. 
 ( click on my images to enlarge them )


4 comments:

molly said...


Lovely - a quilt show. Things must be getting back to 'normal' with you. Those are beautiful, if intimidating quilts!

kiwikid said...

Wonderful quilts, they are many clever people around.

Janice said...

What stunning work. I always marvel at how artistic some quilts are. Mick always comments that going to a quilt show is like attending an art exhibition, just with fabric. It must feel so good to be able to attend such events again.

Pam said...

That all sounds wonderful. Our lives aren't normal yet by any means.