Wednesday, August 31, 2022

August has been quite a Trying Month.

 

 At the end of the first week we attended a small family party for younger Grandson. That was lovely. What followed a few days later was not. I got Covid which I generously shared with R a couple of days later and unfortunately one of my dear sewing group friends.
 If you haven't had it try not to catch it. We didn't like it at all. We had the very sore throat variety with copious snot and coughing. The lethargy  has lingered now for me. I'm almost back to normal, but still  get very tired. R is still coughing. I got quite indignant when twice while I was unwell I got a text encouraging me to get another booster shot !



 During this horrid time I used a bunch of these on the kitchen bench to see if I still had my sense of smell. I did but maybe a bit blunted. They are the Burtonii variety freesias. I made sure some came here from the orchard garden and they are thriving now. All the spring bulbs seem to have loved all the wet we had. The first 3 flowering cherries were magnificent and it was a joy to look out the window and watch the tui and wax eyes getting nectar.



 Also flowering well and attracting Monarch butterflies at this time of the year. Pieris ( not sure which variety maybe Temple bells. )
 Looking forward to September and Spring.

6 comments:

molly said...


Sorry to hear you got the "plague"! I'm knocking on wood here as we have both managed to dodge it thus far. Hope you'll feel better and less lethargicsoon and have your sense of smell back to being as keen as you'd like it! Your freesias look beautiful....

Janice said...

Not the best way to spend the month. I’m glad you are seeing the tail end of it now. Let’s hope September is better. Enjoy those spring flowers. We have missed ours this year, as we are away, but will get to see the wildflowers instead.

Chookyblue...... said...

I'm at the end of week 3 of Covid and I'm still battling the cough and the shortness of breath/ energy

Chookyblue...... said...

And your flowers are lovely

Diane-crewe said...

Hope you are feeling better … it is a vile disease x

heapnic said...

Still avoiding the plague - have had some very close contacts all the way through the past 2 and half so years - got to love PPE it's worth it's weight in sweat. Glad you're still around.