Wednesday, June 05, 2024

Five Go Up to Whangamata.

Over the long weekend ( King's Birthday here in New Zealand ) 5 friends who quilt together, sew together, eat together and most importantly talk together went off for the weekend to Whangamata ( up the Coromandel Peninsular )  The Quilting Club there was holding a 2 day Exhibition. What a wonderful show it was to attend. Free parking; real coffee; nice food for teas and lunch; wonderful quilts and lots of merchants. We were very happy! At most quilt shows in NZ those viewing are asked to make a Viewer's Choice. To me that is rather impossible. I hardly ever do it. The only way I can decide is to say which quilt or wall hanging would I like to take home with me ? This one I think.What unusual colours to put together  but it worked so well and really appealed to me.



Also on Display were wall hangings from an Aotearoa Challenge called Light Up. The entries had to include a Shoo Fly block somewhere ...some were hard to find and needed studying carefully 

This was the winner by Lois Parish - Evans.


   
   This was by Eleanor Cole


 This was by Sandie Sixtus of the Boulder Bay Lighthouse in Nelson.




In another section this wall hanging by Mary Romhany stood out for me.- Such fun.

 Tomorrow I will tell you about the Merchants and purchases.





1 comment:

loulee said...

Thank you for sharing. Lovely to see what others are doing and be inspired.