Tuesday, September 03, 2024

My Happy Place.

I know for many of you your sewing room is your happy place. For me its my garden ( you would never have guessed ).  I still like to sew but can't see so well these days but soon I am having my cataracts fixed so that will help.

 

 This is the first flower out on some new plants. Its small and a NZ native called Libertia formosa A very unusual shape for a flower - each part in 3s. I have 6 planted between little black flax where we pulled out a box hedge right beside a window. Lots of buds appearing.

 Janice showed her little plum tree in flower. Your plums will be easier to pick than mine. Look how big this Billington tree has got.
 That's taken today. I tried to get some closeups of the bees working the flowers ( with not much luck I kept frightening them )
 See in the bottom left corner.




 I hope you find bees visiting your tree Janice.

Some sewing happening on my wall hanging.













1 comment:

Janice said...

Yes, your plums will require a ladder, unlike mine. Your new flower is very sweet. As our spring is so early, fruit trees are blossoming early….. and we have a big frost forecast for Monday….. Our little plums should be ok, as the flowers have finished, but I worry about the cherries, peaches and apples.